21. Juni 2012 Print
Scarborough Development Group unveils new plans for Thorpe Park in Leeds
The plans comprise:
• 1,200,000 sq ft of high-quality flexible offices to suit a wide variety of businesses
• a 130,000 sq ft food store
• 177,000 sq ft of leisure space including hotels and sports facilities
• 33,000 sq ft of cafes, bars, restaurants
• 100,000 sq ft of additional retail
Thorpe Park will also feature its own generous green spaces, with the new masterplan being arranged around 25 acres of formal parkland and open space which runs through the scheme linking Green Park in the west and Brown Moor to the east.
The project will bring forward the delivery of Green Park, a 113 acre public park adjacent to Thorpe Park, and Leeds’ first significant new public park in over 100 years. Proposals for Green Park include sports pitches and leisure facilities, alongside formal landscapes and informal spaces.
Planning permission is already in place for over 1.8 million sq ft of office space, with just under 600,000 sq ft having been completed to date.