01. August 2012 Print
Miller Construction secures £37 million Airbus Contracts
Pegasus House, an existing five storey, 1936, Grade 2 listed art-deco office building will undergo a complete refurbishment and alteration, and Old Filton House, a Grade 2 listed mid-eighteenth century, three storey country house, will be partially demolished and refurbished, in order to return the building to its former glory. The works also include substantial structural alterations, new M&E installation and an upgrade of the current thermal installation. Construction works commenced in May and will be due for completion in the Summer of 2013.
Works on the office building are due to commence in August 2012 and will see the delivery of a new four storey, naturally ventilated office building incorporating four atria and a roof level plant room. Once complete in autumn 2013, the building will provide office accommodation for 2,500 staff with changing facilities for up to 600 cyclists, an energy centre, and 900 car parking spaces. In addition to the building, a new access route to the campus off the main A38, which requires the construction of a new controlled junction, will be delivered.
The completed building will be highly thermally efficient, with low air permeability, forming an integral part of the client’s requirements for an office building, creating a comfortable environment with efficient energy consumption.